August 7, 2005

Goitom to be loaned from Udinese?

According to SvenskaFans, Swedish U21-striker Henok Goitom was not included in Udineses recently submitted Champions League squad. This should indicate that he is to be loaned or sold shortly. My guess is that it will be a loan deal as Udineses manager has given Goitom favorable reviews and I don't think Udinese would sell him now. In order for him to compete for a possible World Cup squad he must be getting regular match practise in Serie A. I don't think a Serie B team will do. Tommy Söderberg (former manager of the national team, now U21 manager) has spoken very highly of Goitom and he is a regular in the U21's.

I suppose Malmö FF would be interested in some kind of deal here but my bet is that he remains in Serie A. Once upon a time AIK came this close to signing Goitom when instead Udinese stepped in. He's played 10 minutes in one competitive match for Udinese where he scored one goal.

No comments: